Ever read a blog and become awestruck? The palate is perfect, a designers show case with MUSIC to boot! Peacegirl's place did it for me; A Horse With No Name was the blog, "omg? how the heck did they do that?" and the research began.
It happened innocently enough, just like the day when my son asked me to join myspace. "What is myspace?" his reply; "Check it out for yourself Mom" did, took the Muppet Personality Test found my identity and joined! (under my Muppet name of course). After all, NONE of my peers were there, "that's a place for kids" and Tom became my very first friend.
Met the most fascinating people. Sure had my fears, "your identity could be stolen" (not, I am a muppet!) and discovered writing reveals the soul of a person. Like attracts like and this chemistry can form bonds for a lifetime.
When invited to join GBE (global blog event) achem; grammar by example, the definition doesn't matter, the reality was this; change was in the air and the opportunity for growth.
LETS ADD MUSIC ALREADY!
- First you need your code for the player; Streampad , at this link select your platform. Scroll down to customize. * You only need to add the code once.
- You will need to download DROPBOX, its free. click here to download dropbox STAT. This will convert your MP3's to a PUBLIC FILE. You need to do this and here is a link to youtube from a guy with an accent who shows you how to do it simply
- Each blog you write can have a new MP3 play but remember, if you don't want ANY song you will have to delete your Streampad gadget that week. (or just add a almost mute background song of the wind, rain or rolling waves)
- FREE mp3's, download MP3 snipMP3
- With the above, all you do is copy the code of the youtube music and it will convert it for you, then after it coverts it just click and download to your favorite music library. Don't worry, it does not copy the commercial adds, just the music itself. This is the mp3 you will drag into your DROPBOX to make into a public domain for web acceptance
- This is where it may get a lil stressful if you don't understand HTML, but this is how to add mp3
click LINK button
clck html button
scroll to bottom
delete everything after closed carrot (in quotes carrot) and then just add a space
- <a href="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30748379/Wild%20Child%20-%20Enya.mp3">http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30748379/Wild%20Child%20-%20Enya.mp3</a>
- <a href="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30748379/Wild%20Child%20-%20Enya.mp3"> </a>
Doing the above will make the HTML disappear in your blog. Experiment, forgive your self, take a coffee break, wine break, rum n coke..hehe most importantly have FUN trying. These steps made music work for me but just like achieving an orgasm....success is not succumbing. (yes Kevin this last line was for you) Don't settle and make it work for you.
|"The more you celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate" Oprah |